PROPRIETOR / PARTNERS
PRIVATE LIMITED / PUBLIC LIMITED / ONE PERSON COMPANY
All businesses that successfully register under GST are assigned a unique Goods and Services Tax Identification Number also known as GSTIN (GST Identification Number).
• Individuals registered under the Pre-GST law (i.e., Excise, VAT, Service Tax etc.)
• Businesses with turnover above the threshold limit of Rs. 20 Lakhs (Rs. 10 Lakhs for North-Eastern States, J&K, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand)
• Casual taxable person / Non-Resident taxable person
• Agents of a supplier & Input service distributor
• Those paying tax under the reverse charge mechanism
• A person who supplies via e-commerce aggregator
• Every e-commerce aggregator
• The person supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person
Yes, GST Registration Process is completely online and paperless. You don’t have to move out of your home or office. We do all the paperwork and submit an application online.
Yes. GST registration, in that case, is required to be obtained for each state separately. We have special prices for multi-state GST registrations. You may specifically mention this to your compliance manager to avail benefits.
Yes surely, Government grants some special exemptions for small businesses like yours. You may opt for composition scheme under which you will have to pay GST @ 1% only. If you are a restaurant, the rate is 5%. However, you can not claim GST Credit if you opt so. You need to file only 1 return per quarter. This scheme is not applicable if you are –
• Service providers
• Inter-state sellers
• E-commerce sellers
• Supplier of non-taxable goods
• Manufacturer of Notified Goods
No. As an unregistered dealer, you can not do so. You will have to register yourself under GST to be able to claim ITC.
Upon successful submission of application, you will obtain GSTIN usually within 4-6 working days.
Once GST certificate is granted, the registration is valid until it is surrendered or canceled or suspended. Only GST certificate issued to a non-resident taxable person and a casual taxable person has a validity period.